2010年12月9日星期四

Kaufmann for a few Replica A Lange&Sohne watches years now

Ive known Sarah Kaufmann for a few Replica A Lange&Sohne watches years now. A new job at Elete brought Sarah to Utah and has given her a good opportunity to succeed at both work and racing. She came in second at 24-hour nationals in Moab and just finished second at the Whiskey 50.Before she moved, Id see her at a few local races, and wed squeeze in a few training road rides. Earlier this year, she decided to escape the snow and come down to suuny So Cal to get in some mid-winter training and give some Elete demos in this area. It rained almost the entire time. I know the most memorable ride for her was in my living room. Nothing like sweating out an LSD ride to some bad reality TV, though some may find that motivating. I checked in with her after her visit to see how work and riding are going for her.How are you liking Utah?

Utah has been great. As a rider, the winter was tough but when the weather is clear, the riding is awesome and the trails are super fun. I feel really swiss replica watches welcomed by the riding community here in Ogden, including the local shop, Bingham Cyclery, which made the transition a lot easier. It also helps that I am not the type who wants to go out and party every night. There’s, um, not much of that.What about the snow? Big adjustment?Yeah, like I said, the winter was tough.

I have had three knee surgeries on a torn ACL so I don’t ski much anymore. I rode pretty much all winter--I did a few days on the trainer and a few days of snowshoeing--but I spent a lot of time on my bike wrapped in a million layers, just hating Ebel replica watches life. My boyfriend helped me build up a Surly Cross-Check frame I had into a winter machine; we put big 29er tires on it and full fenders. It wasn’t fast or y but it rolled through some pretty nasty weather. When it got really cold, some of the trails were actually rideable. They’d get packed down by hikers and freeze. That helped break up some of the misery on the road. I had never ridden anything like that before.